07-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #145
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStig128i View Post
Actually, after doing a complete reboot (by unplugging the battery), the light was still on. Drove it for a few days with the factory intake and after about 100 miles, the light went off. The ECU apparently reset itself by relearning the factory settings.

At this point, if I put the modified intake back on, then the ECU has to be modified to accept the larger air flow into the intake without throwing codes. I'm haven't found a sensor yet; so, it may be that the Dinan software is my only option, which I wanted anyway.

So, to answer your question - I haven't found a company or any individual that can flash the ECU, other than Dinan. So, like you - does anyone know of a company that can modify the factory ECU's setting to accept any modifications to the intake or exhaust...then, my Christmas wish list includes adding the twin turbo. And, yes I could have bought the 135i, but didn't want to spend $10K more for the same car with just a different engine, when I can work with my pit crew, spend less and have more fun. (All of you 135i owners, don't take offense - it's a great looking car and you walked away with more than I started with).
I thought someone mentioned about once you reset the battery and after the aftermarket intake, the ecu will adopt to new air flow system....
was it not true??
Appreciate 0