View Single Post
      02-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #52
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggddpp View Post
What did you all do in terms of the microphone? The instructions indicate it should work with the oem microphone right away for most models. Some people on here mention needing to do a jumper to get the oem microphone to work, but it'd obviously be preferable to not have to continue stripping the interior and running cables.

The first time I fired up the car (2013 135i) with the mmi box installed (without doing anything microphone related) I had no issue using the oem microphone to send texts with siri. However, I have not gotten it to work since. I can activate siri by saying "hey siri" (it seems to use my phones microphone, as if I move my phone away it stops working) but after that I cannot give siri any commands or be heard on phone calls. The sound is going through the aux cable in the armrest (could not get "internal" aux working).

I've been playing with the settings to no avail. Anyone had this problem?
The MMI Andream CIC B box I got came with a mic tap wire that needs to be routed from the MMI, up the passenger A-pillar around the headliner and in the back of the factory mic connected in the sunroof/dome light control module behind the rear view mirror.

You will need to remove the passenger visor, and the driver visor clip to properly gain access to the clips that hold the module in place.
Appreciate 0