Fone Phreak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtxracer View Post
Bump.

I had this happen this week. Rained for the past 7+ days here and the passenger trunk compartment on the right took on some water. Apparently this is common.

The passive go module had water in it and I have drained and dried it. The other small box also had a small amount of water leak in but no corrosion. The power go box had white corrosion on the bottom corner. I cleaned it off and wiped it down.

The crazy gauges stopped but I think something is still not right. It might be as simple as a fuze or resetting the dash warning lights. The red car on a lift symbol is now there, the disabled traction control icon is always on as is the parking brake light. No other lights are on but my comfort access no longer works. The car will still unlock when my keys are close but I have to insert the key in the ignition to start now.

Where should I be looking first to fix this? I am NOT going back to the dealer, they are outrageous. I am out of warranty anyway at 106k...ideas?

this is interesting - i recently had the same dashboard gone wild issue - along with just about every check light came on as well.

it looks like all roads lead to the footwell module but of course dealer said that wasnt the case. they want to charge me $2000 diagnostic fee to remove dashboard from vehicle in order to check for a short! i couldnt make this shit up if i tried!

pulled car from dealer - dont even know where to start now
Appreciate 0