View Single Post
      12-11-2013, 04:32 AM   #96
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
Guys I've got the red AKG bushes and done approx 200miles on them but with solid TMS diff mounts, the diff whine is far too much for my liking. I'm actually fine with the ride on these bushes and AST4100s, it is just the whine about 40mph. I've just ordered a set of these Whiteline bushes over the Powerflex ones as i have heard too many bad reviews of the latter.

If anyone is willing to cover shipping to the USA then you're free to have them. Perfect for a track car or use with softer diff bushes.
I recalled this in regards to NVH but haven't really heard of any other complaints from anybody replacing bushings other than using the inserts. After removing the stock ones and looking them over...I personally wouldn't waste my time with those as the 2 piece ones are just about as easy to do...you're only saving maybe 10% of the work/time...pointless IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
It's okay. I'm still trying to weigh my options on the M3 subframe bushings or prothane bushings... I'm probably going to go prothane since the install will be much easier, but I'm unsure of the NVH associated with them. SteveAZ, any NVH increases since you installed them?
In regards to my car....I wouldn't say the bushings added any...I do think they may have broken in a bit after a few hundred miles...really hard to be subjective and conclusive on this. The car handles fine..still happy with it.

My biggest issues have been with power management...LSD is supposed to arrive next week but probably own't get that in until after the 1st of the year as it gets the remaining M bits at that time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derk1127 View Post
I didn't notice any NVH difference after installing mine. The nolathane install is pretty easy. No disconnecting of brakelines, exhaust, or rear struts.
I believe it...when I did mine I started out following another DIY that said to disconnect the brake lines and remove the exhaust... after doing so and I started teh stock bushing removal... I went "WTF, why don't we just leverage the cars weight?"...a work smarter...not harder kind of thing. Given the urethane part of the bushings comes in 2 pieces...you don't have to get near as much clearance.

Just do it...and quit procrastinating...it's a pretty cheap mod for the amount of handling improvement you get out of it.
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 1
Bimmer TV125.00