Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I am a little confused here, what about the M3 guide rods on a 135i?
What about them? It's a direct fit part; just have to remove the stock one and install the M3 part.
Is that considered an upgrade for the 135i? Because what i gather here is a no for all fo these parts... i want my rear not to deflect side to side on amhard acceleration, i was thinking the megan racing toe arms and these m3 guide rods.
from the original post:

Changing the Upper Arm from OE to M3 has no effect on wheel rate as both configurations use similar rubber bushings at both ends.

Changing the Guide Rod from OE to M3 removes one rubber bushing and replaces it with a ball joint, resulting in a softening of the suspension.

Installation of a ball-jointed Toe Control Arm (like the Rogue Engineering part) removes two rubber bushings, resulting in a further softening of the suspension.

Assuming the latter two changes are made, the wheel rate contributed by the rubber bushings is reduced to 23 lb/in. This is equivalent to a spring rate of 72 lb/in or 13 N/mm (at the rear spring location). A fully ball-jointed suspension would remove all this wheel rate and would need to be compensated for by a corresponding increase in spring rate.
Appreciate 1