Rep
Drives: f30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
The E82 1er is one of the last analogue modern cars. There is no transmission tuning possible for the 6MT on any model I'm aware of.

My commute is about an hour +/- 30mins depending on time for 8 miles. 6MT is easier than dealing with the jerking second guessing of a DCT in heavy traffic. If you can't stomach the clutch declutch operation for hours every day, you may be able to retrofit the zf8 with a competent Fab shop and a syvecs tuner.
Yeah i just really love how it looks like hence i want it to be my daily driver. Still searching for someone to do it so i know what parts i need to import hehe.
How about a think outside the box solution for your query?

You have said you like your 1M for the looks, but would take a DCT if there was such an option.

As others have said retrofitting rev match (or a DCT) to a 1M is impossible (or super custom mod and ultra expensive).

I reckon it would be WAY cheaper to buy a 135 and add 1M body panels, bumpers, etc. Then you would have your desired look with your desired DCT convenience.

Your first reaction might be "that's not what I'm looking for" but if you logically distill it down to a set of requirements I think this is it. Bonus is you could then turn around and sell your 1M to someone else and have enough money left over to add another random car to your stable. Win win.
I was just looking if theres an option like that. Because you can for example code it if u want to remove it or not. I was just comparing it to my e46 m3 smg (my daily) it is a single clutch but has an autoblip when u downshift. So i was thinking for a 2001 technology maybe (just maybe) it can be done to a newer car. I also though that in m2 it has that feature that if you turn off the traction control completly off and in sport mode (i think) auto rev match will turn off. So i thought that maybe it can be coded like that.

Because of the lockdown i saw a lot in youtube the 1m clone with s65 engine and dct tranny.
Appreciate 0