12-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #22
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by digwm1 View Post
ha, if i could afford this car and could afford to maintain this car i would gladly sell my 1m for this beast, heck i would love to swap a s65 into my car. and you do realize converting a 135 into a 1m is not particularly costly or difficult. once the conversion is done the only thing different will be your vin numbers.

and this car is well deserved of the "m" moniker, its more "m" than our cars, it basically has all the m parts our cars have and it actually has an m engine..

that being said, i've heard the background story to this car and the costs to build this build, this car definitely needs someone with deep pockets and someone who appreciates this build, cause if i had that money to spend i would definitely get something cooler like a gt4/gt3.

and yeah, convert it to a manual, dct instantly dates the car, or im sure the person who purchases the car will have the means to if he/she wants to
the DCT , while it may manage the power well.. will be a high dollar failure item in the future.

Agree the car is not an actual 1M which is great. A project like this is best when begun from a lesser machine rather than bastardizing one of a few.

I think one of the reasons the auction didn't do well is that it indicated that the vehicle still has a lien of $9K. It seems very odd that someone had all the money to do this build.. and never paid the original note off... either at some time during the build.

The fact that they still have not made an effort to pay the lien so that the title is free and clear prior to the sale is a red flag that there are likely some other issues... (title may be owned by one or more people perhaps, etc)
Appreciate 3
8081M40.50
tock172581.50
Yeineken1299.00