United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
HMS mids are completely unrestricted I believe, the sound/raspy suppression come from leaving your OEM DPs in place. It's more work to remove them, however, the DPs are a higher CEL count than the cats located in the stock mids and flow less I'm sure. -In short If you don't want the rasp leave some form of cat in place; OP
I'm not sure this is accurate. I've got Akra downpipes and an Akra midpipe, but the stock axleback. It's got a sound similar to an E46 M3, so I guess you can say it's got raspiness. I love it, and have received nothing but complements from those who have heard it.
It's pretty accurate haha The stock exhaust uses more baffles so the sound bounces around and cancels, you are still restricted -As you know. Not sure how a N54 motor would sound similar to an S54 motor but would love to hear it...maybe it's all that titanium you're using. Btw the Akra sounds more silenced than the stock exhaust when the valve is closed IMO. It's only a matter of time b4 you come to the dark side and go full Akra evo

For the OP, if you dig the push button feature on the M2 then go that route on the 1M, mayeh start w/ a slip on and if you want more sound swap mids or DPs. (4 cats are overkill)
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0