Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Look at dynos with bigger turbos and more power, you'll see the same cliff. Granted there's more power but that RPM limit is still there.
I'd asked about it years ago and everyone laffed at me. It's a cam/head/piston speed thing. You're not going to get good top end power without some serious head reworking.

Inlets, outlets, downpipes all help the turbos flow easier. It's not that you really make more power it's just easier for the turbos to make that power which adds a little reliability to them, they don't have to spin as fast.

I was pretty consistent 11.8's on stock airbox.
Similar tune but relocated inlets and best I managed was high 11.4, but averaged 11.6's.
Inlets did help on the MPH/big end for sure. MPH jumped from about 113 to 121.

It's one of those things where you really don't need to be FBO. But you will need a good intercooler if you plan of doing anything. Stock is just pathetic once you up the boost. Go 7.5" right away. Do a charge pipe right away.
Just leave everything else stock until you need to replace it. You can get good power from stock parts.
Well, my goal was 400whp on pump and in order to hit that I have to be fbo it seems. I was just wondering if inlets were worth it. Also, why doesn't this platform offer cam upgrades?
Probably because no one ever explored it. Do it!

[IMG]https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ce=sh%2Fx%2Fim[/IMG]