01-01-2021, 03:42 AM   #15
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
I had issues with the VSRF OEM location inlets, mainly I don't think they were designed quite for the 1 series. There is way less space compared to the 3 series. I had issues with the fronts rubbing on the pulleys, I had to upgrade to stiffer motor mounts to minimize this along with using metal ties to secure the inlet to the fan shroud.

If I had to do it over again, I would probably by RB inlets. If you look at them side by side the RB front inlet has a bit more bend and less girth in the places where it's needed to prevent rubbing, especially on the 1 series. RB inlets taper down to 1.75 inches where needed where I believe the VRSF is 2 in all the way. Or you can just get the relocated inlets.

As far as your original question I can't really give you an answer as I'm on stage 2 turbo's, but realistically if your not planning on pushing more than 18 PSI, I don't think it's needed. On stock turbo's you'll want to start tapering PSI in the higher RPM ranges and that's where the inlet's really shine. Pushing 18 to 20 PSI above 6000 RPM on stock turbo's is just a bad idea.

But you can always buy it now for when your stock turbo's go out and upgrade to stage 2's.
Appreciate 2
Petro135452.50
Bullitt90.50