06-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #77
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat79 View Post
I don't believe there is any kind of alternate software you will need for the flash. I think it may run along the lines of editing the VO to remove the "variable light distribution disable" line item for American cars and then enabling the option inside of the FRM module. Hell, it may be as easy as just adding the variable w/NCS and calling it a day, but I haven't had time to mess with it.

It is funny, though, how this option hasn't proliferated the American market.

I can say that the no-dazzle high beam and the dynamic lights are not interdependent on one another.
I don't have 8S4 in my VO, and I don't have auto high beams, so no-dazzle high beams wouldn't be possible, though I don't think that was ever available on E9x cars anyway. I suppose it's possible that AHL2 requires ADDING something to the VO rather than subtracting, but I'm just surprised nobody has figured this out yet. Hopefully Dackelone will have an update soon.

I know that no-dazzle and variable light distribution are separate, but people who can have both of course would want both. I can't, but I'd still like to have variable light even if no-dazzle high beams are way cooler.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0