View Single Post
      09-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #29
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

The insurance only goes so far. I woke up early Saturday morning to wash/detail my car, and when backing out of my garage, the TPMS system tells me the rear passenger tire has lost some air. When I checked, I found a screw in the middle of the tread section (I got lucky since this allowed for a proper repair), and my first instinct was to call BMW. To my surprise, BMW service centers here where I live do not open during the weekends and the only option BMW offered me was to tow my car to the dealer and let them deal with it on Monday. As my only car, this was obviously not the ideal scenario for me. I drove to the nearest gas station, filled the tire up to spec, and drove to a shop where I had the tire properly repaired - patched and plugged from the inside. Can't tell the difference. By the way, I did not purchase the insurance given that I had it on the last 4 cars and I never made any use of it, and I don't regret not getting it this time! To me the timeliness of the repair is just as important as the repair itself.
Appreciate 0