View Single Post
      12-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #213
marsgirl73
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BSM 6-speed 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict...Nah Im A Junkie! View Post
My 58 year old mother has driven a manual car in nyc for 41 years. Man up ladies. Get the manual, if your health prevents you from driving a manual, it is probably dangerous for you to have a car with this much power (the air force would not let you operate a fighter plane, this is one for the road), your physical abilities have been limited, and have unfortunately limited you (not to discriminate). If there is traffic, enjoy the fact that you can easily rev your engine at the moron that just cut you off. (If this is your reasoning, be honest, say your lazy, traffic is the same either way, and more fun with a manual, remember NYC here, I know traffic) Personally, I think they should eliminate the automatic transmission completely from the bmw line up so that way most of the yuppie leftovers and sorority sisters that drive them as status symbols (and can't drive for sh*t) will go buy something else and make our lives and reputations better (Probably something big so that when they hit us their little soccer players will be safe, while we are under the monstrosity they call and SUV). Ive driven an m roadster in nyc for a bunch of years (and other manuals), they only problem in traffic is all the people who ask me about the car while my top is down. If you can't drive one, learn, go to a driving school (BMW CCA is the best!!!), rent a car, steal a car (remember to return to original location with all parts intact, if anything is broken leave cash.) If none of the above options are available, buy a honda, I hear girls say that their new hondas look like a bmw. They make an auto that wont break at least, and you'll have the perfect drive-train for the not so perfect transmission, FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. I actually figured out how to fix this in physics class the other day. Drive the car backwards. Maybe then it'll handle like a b
Well, I'll "man" up...I've never, ever driven an automatic except for rental cars...and I never will. Who says chicks don't drive sticks?

Seriously, though, I get ticked off when I go into a dealership and the CA starts talking to my husband and assume I want an automatic.
Appreciate 0