View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #29
mangombia
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i MSport Package

Rear speakers constant buzzing, even when off

I just experienced this bizarre phenomena. My '11 135i N55 DCT had been completely off overnight. I had earlier this morning opened both doors to clean the windows, and the trunk to remove some dry-cleaning.

This morning, as I was preparing to leave for work, I opened the passenger door to put some stuff in the car when I got a loud, high pitched buzzing from both rear speakers. I tried locking and unlocking the car, no change. I tried starting the car, no change, except it abated as the car cranked to start, but once started, resumed. I put the top down, no change. I tried changing from radio to BT, to AUX, etc., no change. I drove it about 6-mile and back, and for a bit it became less loud, but still was there. I tried turning the radio off, no change. I got back home intending to scan for codes, and disconnect the battery, and when I turned the car off, it still buzzed.

I got on this forum to see if others had reported similar experience and came upon this thread. I took a 15-min. call from a client, and then finished reading this thread. All-in-all about 25-min. the car sat off. When I went back out with my cable & MHD tablet, the noise was gone. I scanned for codes in MHD and it reported none.

I'm going to drive it to a lunch meeting and will update with further results.
Appreciate 0