07-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #78
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
This is funny because at the beginning of his post he clarified that BMW is going to use these "volume sellers" as a means to an end. In order to get cars like an M3 CSL, M3 CRT, 1M / M2, and other "special" editions that won't really produce any profit for the M division, BMW needs to have these cars that go against the philosophy but make a lot of money. Everyone knows the X5M and X6M are not track cars but in a sense souped up SUVs. I'd rather the M division be profitable AND able to kick out competition killer cars with innovative concepts than to not have M SAVs. As sad as it sounds...

If you people ran BMW M the division would go broke within 1 year... You guys have no idea what it takes to run a business.
///M had no issues running a profit when they just did ///M3 & ///M5, and my bet is with a 1M, M3 & M5, they would make plenty of money.

Finally, be careful of the judgmenet you pass on what it does and does not take to run a business. I have colleagues worth 9 figures from their businesses who stick to core tenants, and don't leave them to make an extra buck because of the LONG TERM damage they know it can have on their brand and company's reputation, which at this point, is as important the biggest contributor to ever growing leads and sales.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0