burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
I think the PS4s in stock size maintain the handling characteristics of the stock car (no understeer, etc.) but provide much more grip - especially for powering out of turns.

The tires seem to fit a bit "larger" than the PS2s so if anything, they give a little bit more dampening/comfort to the ride.
See post #28 above... there are two separate opinions on the ps4s'

I would rather not have to add camber plates... is there another tire people have been using to maintain the stock handling?
The most important part of maintaining the stock handling (with no suspension or geometry change) is keeping the same tire and wheel sizes. The stickier tire compounds of the PS4 (and others) just increase the limit to where you begin to feel/deal with either understeer or oversteer.

Having tracked my car as well as several other M and BMW cars (although I am not a track junkie like many here), I find the 1M to be neutral and you can quite easily provoke either over or understeer based on the balance in the car - this is what makes is so fun even at street speeds. On the track this can make it be hard to be smooth. For example, turn 1 at VIR is a constant understeer to oversteer and back to understeer then oversteer battle in the 1M. The longer wheel base of say an M4 makes this corner much smoother and faster.
Appreciate 0