Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
I think people build cars up in their minds and buy cars they really know nothing about then realize they weren’t as hard core as the car they dreamt about was.

What I don’t get is he expects you to pay for his mistake and essentially pay full price for a now used car. Who knows how he drove it the first 1200 miles. You can pay the same price for a new one even if you need to wait a couple months. The market is now littered with M2s which will be the same for the M2Cs. I’d rather buy used or CPO and take less of a depreciation hit.
Dumb ad, agreed.

As a general rule, it doesn't make much sense to buy a new BMW, especially a performance model or a convertible, since so many of them end up being lightly used and then dumped onto the second hand market at ~40% off after a couple of years. I have profited from that reality several times in the last few years. Nonetheless, some people don't like to buy used cars. If you are buying new, it really only makes (economic) sense if you are going to own the car long enough that you don't care how much it has depreciated when you decide to get rid of it.
You need to own a New car for 6 years to lose less money than a lease.

Obviously the lightly used being the way to go.

Heavy used you'll get stuck with expensive repairs to balance out your financial problems somewhat.
Appreciate 1