View Single Post
      12-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #37
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
This is absolutely true. I have a car guy friend of mine that began allowing his son to drive his low mileage weekend car , E36 M3 to school.

When I asked him if this was prudent , He immediately laughed and said, it's a Manual and none of his friends know how to drive it. His son has of course been through a street survival class as well as other training but the concern of friends wanting to joy drive it is simply not there.

A lot of millennials get a pickup truck for their first vehicle these days, let alone all the auto and DCT matics of newer cars.

Finally as an added note. Locating 6MT 330 models can be difficult locally , depending on how well BMW CCA club racing is doing in the area. They is a spec E46 class where the 330 is the spec car that is used. If my daughters car had a roof on it .. I would have traded her back because the E46 is the new E30. These are fairly simple to work on , rather reliable when kept in stock form , and there is a great support network on the internet with E46 forums whether you want the car as a daily commuter or as a race car.
Stop giving me ideas.
Appreciate 1