View Single Post
      06-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
CH400EM
M119
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9892 Merc 400E, %E2%80%

Upon flashing a MHD tune and wanting to have gauges displayed and logging abilities sometimes I began looking into a good place to mount my spare Android phone.

The uncluttered, clean dash and console area was one of the attractions for me to look into the 1er. So I didn't want to add anything to the center or dash. This left the left-hand side of the steering wheel (LHD 135i) for a good place. However no space here was ideal and I wanted something discreet but sturdy. So I ended up modifying the far left vent so a simple mount can come through the vent slats. Also I didn't want visible cables running to the phone so I ran my string of OBD2-USB-USBC cables behind the dash panels and out through the vent assembly.

What I used: flat/slim plug OBDII extension cable, KDCAN coding cable, flat/slim USB extension cable, simple magnetic phone mount, stainless bolt and hardware, Dremel.
Attached Images