View Single Post
      05-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
mtwashington
Registered
Rep
Drives:

135i Making Me Feel Sick

After driving my brand new 135i for 20-30 minutes, I and two of my fiends are continuing to become quite sick--from mild to fairly acute, perhaps depending on body weight. It even happened driving the car home from the dealer. The car is fresh off the boat from Germany. I've had it for three days.

Our symptoms include: disorientation, drowsiness, itchy, watery eyes, slight pressure headache, confusion, mild loss of equilibrium, irritability. These symptoms take 1-2 hours to wear off after leaving the car, and then start up again after some small amount of driving.

I was thinking it was vinyl fumes/off gassing, but since we have been driving with the windows and sunroof wide open and that doesn't seem to help, now I am wondering if there could be a CO leak somehow. None of us has any kind of experience of chemical sensitivity or whatever.

For me, I just get a little drowsy, quiet, cranky, and pressure-headed. The other two "test cases" are women just over 100 lbs, and they are getting much sicker. If not for them, I might not have noticed, at least not right away, so if anyone is noticing anything like this, it may be subtle depending on your size.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?
Appreciate 0