View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #164
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Installed the KW coilovers, no pics of the rears just yet, I am working on making up some custom ride height adjusters which is about 99% complete.

fronts were relatively trouble free to install, the nut for the front control arm was stuffed so just kept spinning when trying to torque it down. I had some 2nd hand spares and went through another 2 nuts before I was able to get the torque wrench to click. Definitely worth getting new hardware if you ever need to remove the control arm bolts.

Ride ehgith on the front is very easy to dial in, rear is a real pain. The rear adjuster just spins the whole adjuster, I had to unbolt the camber arm and remove the adjuster from the car to adjust the height. Took the car apart another 2 times t readjust the height! Big waste of time.

Initial impressions are very positive, I am no longer riding on the bump stops up front, and the firmer spring rate/with softer compression results in a ride that is more comfortable yet better in cornering. I no longer unload the rear wheel under cornering as much, resulting in more traction

I am working on some remote damper adjustment knobs on the rear, will be leaving the boot carpet off until thats completed
Attached Images