View Single Post
      10-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #31
gimax
Rep
Drives: 135i PK + JB3 PnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Well, some of you might know of have heard of Matt Murray, multi-time SCCA Solo champion. He's running a 135i at Nationals this year in Topeka, and had yet to drive one. He is sort of local and asked me if he could get some seat time at the Boston Chapter event yesterday, which I was happy to have him there. Great guy.

Anyway, those of you who know him, he's like THE Hoosier Pimp. Rachel and I gave him some seat time, both behind the wheel and passengering, to get a feel for the cars.

It wasn't long before Matt broke out the Hoosier crack and mounted some on my car. The acceleration difference is amazing. Launching 275/35/18 full race rubber, compared to my pretty sticky Dunlop Star Specs was impressive.

As I mentioned in another thread, I had the following tires on the car with NO SPACERS. 2004 18" ZHP wheels:

F 18x8 ET47 245/40/18
R 18x8.5 ET50 275/35/18

Keep in mind that 275 Hoosiers are freaking huge. Larger than a regular 275. They fit without the slightest tiniest bit of rubbing. I have rolled my fronts, but there was a lot of room for a wider tire up front than the 245. Don't ask me how. It just does.

Here's some pics, pimping some Hoosier purple signage too. My buddy, Miguel works for HMS Motorsport, and is nuts, as you can see in one of the pics.

Hi Larryn,
I've got your own wheels:

ET47 18x8 F
18x8.5 ET50 R

In your opinion, so there are no problems with your tires the same size Hoosiers (in my case Dunlop slick 245/650-18)?
In front, there is enough space inside to the shock absorber?

I have about 2.5 degrees of camber front/rear and Bilstein PSS10 .

Thank's and i'm sorry for my terrible English
135i Edition Pega: Power Kit BMW Performance + JB4 Map5+CPS/SLD , Kit Intercooler AA, DDV kit valve RR, DPs resonated AR Design,BMS Dual Cone,OCC AR, Bmw Performance Exhaust, Brake lines HEL, RBF660, Pagid RS29, Camber Plates Dinan,Front Control Arm Kit M3,Front Anti Roll Bar M3, Rear Anti Roll Bar Kit M3,Rear Subframe bushings M3,Bilstein PSS10s, QUAIFE ATB LSD........
Appreciate 0