View Single Post
      03-25-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow European 1Addicts - summer Alpine tour (planning)

Name:  Sella 3.0 high res photo   passo-giau.jpg
Views: 9031
Size:  251.9 KB

Ok guys, so Artemis and I(and a few other ie: the Usual Suspects from past European 1Addicts trips) have been talking about where and when to go on this years Alpine Tour.

So far it looks like the weekend of Sept 2nd thru 4th is leading the votes. Really any weekend in August thru late September would probably work.

As for "where" some of us were thinking of the French Alps... but we have heard some horror stories of the French policing of "some" roads. Also... that would be a far tour to do. 1K kms for most of us just to get to the starting area - and then head down to the Southern coast of France and Monaco.

The other area we have been mulling over is the Sella Ronda: Italian Dolomites. IF we go with this area again, I was thinking of maybe heading further Eastern and maybe Southern. Sella 3.0 ?

So... I am just making this thread to discuss what, where and when - our fellow European 1Addicts think we shall go? I'd like to find a hotel that is reasonable ~100 euros per night. And a hotel that is safe for all of our cars.

This year's trip is shaping up to be MEGA fun. We should have a fairly large bunch of 1er's and 2er's - along with a handful of M2's and M3's/M4's.

I'm also hoping we can do a little bit more on the social side of things, rather than our normal hardcore driving every day.

So... Let's hear what YOU think!

Dackel

PS: Here is a link to last year's trip...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1152114

NOTE: Subscribe to this thread to remain informed about this year's tour.
Appreciate 0