EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNA_MGuy View Post
Wow, that third one is absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I wanted to do for this car... compliments to you!

Folks, I've been researching this for a long time (back into late 2010 before I even took this position) and I fully appreciate (share) your enthusiasm. The 2011 Daytona 24 pace car would also benefit from having one of these special Start buttons. So here's the bad news...

Badging a car is very expensive. Do some quick math on this example and you'll see what I mean. Without working it into the base price of the car (like some other markets did), we simply don't have a budget to go back and do it retro. I tried to get this car approved for a special badge/button in the US but since global production was a bit fluid we couldn't bring the planets into alignment for the US market. In addition to the aforementioned cost, the logistics of distribution are mind boggling once the cars have been retailed.

I'm giving you the full story so you can understand we've seriously looked at this. I'm sorry we don't have better news, and I know it's not satisfying, but it certainly doesn't reduce the fact that you've got your hands on one of the most collectible BMW models in a twenty year span.

Thanks to my colleagues at BMW Customer Relations for bringing this discussion to my attention and for fielding your inquiries on the subject.

On a final note, we'd love it if some local 1Ms might "occupy Woodcliff Lake" someday as someone above mentioned. Perhaps we can set up a quick visit this summer.
Thanx Matt, you are a scholar and a gentleman.
Appreciate 0