03-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
BMW designs there brake pad material to give you insane initial bite, then tapper off a little to consistent torque, and then (after repeated application at high speeds) slowly loose torque.

Its been like that for a while.. Thats why if you read other threads about brake pads being used other than stock, you always seem to get the " it doesnt have that initial bite that the oem had" but ...... statement .

as far as your ebrake goes, some times it matters if you apply the e-brake with the car in gear as opposed to the car in park.
came here to say just this.

BMW pads are notoriously inconsistent when it comes to things like initial bite and bite with different application forces.

Also to address the parking brake. Mine has always done the same thing. I even had it rebuilt two years ago because I thought something was wrong with it. Its just the way it is. One thing to note on BMW parking brakes is never pull it up all the way. If you do you can actually pull the pads out of alignment and make the parking brake useless.

Appreciate 0