07-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #9
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMhead View Post
Following my earlier post, I've now been living with a full set of Conti Sportcontact 5s for about a month and experienced mixed driving including a track session.

Overall ride quality with the Birds B1 suspension is spot on. Still all the detailed information from the road but no crashing over bumps.

On the limit is so predictable. 100% grip until you get to astonishing high speeds then its clear if you push more you are going to slide, so a nice big warning. Ive not delved into drifiting, but it is good fun just getting familiar with the feel around the limit.
Sounds similar to my findings after having the Birds B1 fitted back in April along with the Pirelli P Zero tyres.
4k miles of road driving plus one track day and car feels now what it should have been from the factory.

(I'm still tempted to have the rear M3 subframe bushes fitted though as there's still that little bit of disconcerting rear end wiggle on occasions)