View Single Post
      07-28-2019, 05:52 AM   #180
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechE View Post
I experienced almost zero settling after the first few miles. Your ride height should be consistent left to right. The front to back rake is somewhat dependent upon taste. I suggest you have the car corner balanced and aligned by a shop experienced with this type of suspension.

You should feel a click from the rear adjusters approximately every 15-20 degrees. That said, the click can be slightly "masked" by any rubbing of the adjuster on the side of the hole. Keep in mind the "click" is part of the adjuster assembly and is not built into the shock. The knob will definitely get tight at the limits of travel, both soft and hard, and the limits are built into the shock. As long as you aren't forcing the knob, I highly doubt you will break anything.

I doubt you can install the front springs upside down. The shapes of the top and bottom are different. That said, you should be able to see if the bottom of the spring has a machined flat surface that is resting on the lower spring seat. The part of the spring sitting on the lower seat should not be a round wire, it should be machined so that the wire gets thinner at the end, and the end should be in contact with the coil above it. If there is no machined flat, the spring may very well be upside down and it should be flipped over.

Good luck...
I noticed that my left rear i cant somehow feel any click. But if i turn it counterclockwise i can feel that it stops then when i turn it clockwise theres no click. Right rear i can feel it clicks however if i turn it clockwise and counterclockwise it doesnt stop
Appreciate 0