View Single Post
      09-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #155
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

To cooler. I only mentioned Kersher because they are the cheapest. Personally I do not plan on buying any of them. Which is why I said the argument is im not spending $900 on anything that will get broken after 2 days of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
I'll stick my nose in this late... just for 1 good shot because I can't resist.

REALLY?

You're gonna use iCS as a platform for "quality" CF products? They've had more issues with CF quality, fitment, and not to mention customer service, than any other vendor on here...

where's Black Sheep when you need him?

I totally agree with your point that pricing is getting out of control, people see BMW and expect us all to be loaded up the ass with mod money... but to say you're better off spending even a dime on iCS product is NOT a smart statement.
Im not using them as a platform of quality. Im using them as an example of price and simply saying that I can get a whole trunk's worth of CF for the price of this lip.

:edit: Also remember what companies, such as iCarbon and Fiber Optix before them, said before these initial group buys? They get one guy to give them a car that guy says yay this thing is awesome, then 1 year later they run off after pissing off many people and stealing people's cash and time.

Im just saying that this is a lot of money to throw into a product that a) is dumb and b) is sight unseen. Youre just taking this companies word and the word of one guy on the forum that this is a good product. Its a risky investment considering the track records of companies that have started their CF lives in this manner.

:end edit:

Also, if I was spending $900 on the front of my car why would I get a lip when for $400 more (which is the argument being thrown out there) I can have a brand new widebody front end from ER racing? Or for $900 I could get a BMW Performance front bumper and have it painted.

Do you understand my point about prices? Lips should be 4-500 dollars maximum and I dont understand why people are willing to spend so much when for nearly 1K you can have a whole host of other functional, better looking pieces.

IE my OZ Ultras (payed just under 1K for the set) or Apex ARC 8s, a BMW perf bumper, A new cat back exhaust from many manufacturer,s almost every engine tune available, a new intercooler, Charge pipe/Methanol/DVs kit, intake boxes, 4 brand new tires for whatever wheels you already own, BMW M front suspension pieces, 2/3s of an LSD if you have an automatic, a set of Koni Yellows, a BMW Perf steering wheel, an SSK and a new clutch to handle the power youre throwing down from smartly investing your money in mods that make a difference , and the list goes on.

Ill continue it here
A driver's school, 4 1/2 track days at $200 a day, 18 autox days at $50 a day, round trip airfare to Europe, if youre Bill Caswell you can buy 1 4/5 of a WRC rally car...and the list keeps going still albeit in a slightly silly fashion

So you understand why I dont want to spend that much cash on a lip? When I can have any one of the listed things that will actually do things for me instead of pissing me off the first time I back down a driveway???

^those are things that id much rather spend my hard earned $1000 on personally

Last edited by BrokenVert; 09-29-2011 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0