Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
To cooler. I only mentioned Kersher because they are the cheapest. Personally I do not plan on buying any of them. Which is why I said the argument is im not spending $900 on anything that will get broken after 2 days of use.

Im not using them as a platform of quality. Im using them as an example of price and simply saying that I can get a whole trunk's worth of CF for the price of this lip.

:edit: Also remember what companies, such as iCarbon and Fiber Optix before them, said before these initial group buys? They get one guy to give them a car that guy says yay this thing is awesome, then 1 year later they run off after pissing off many people and stealing people's cash and time.

Im just saying that this is a lot of money to throw into a product that a) is dumb and b) is sight unseen. Youre just taking this companies word and the word of one guy on the forum that this is a good product. Its a risky investment considering the track records of companies that have started their CF lives in this manner.

:end edit:

Also, if I was spending $900 on the front of my car why would I get a lip when for $400 more (which is the argument being thrown out there) I can have a brand new widebody front end from ER racing? Or for $900 I could get a BMW Performance front bumper and have it painted.

Do you understand my point about prices? Lips should be 4-500 dollars maximum and I dont understand why people are willing to spend so much when for nearly 1K you can have a whole host of other functional, better looking pieces.

IE my OZ Ultras (payed just under 1K for the set) or Apex ARC 8s, a BMW perf bumper, A new cat back exhaust from many manufacturer,s almost every engine tune available, a new intercooler, Charge pipe/Methanol/DVs kit, intake boxes, 4 brand new tires for whatever wheels you already own, BMW M front suspension pieces, 2/3s of an LSD if you have an automatic, a set of Koni Yellows, a BMW Perf steering wheel, an SSK and a new clutch to handle the power youre throwing down from smartly investing your money in mods that make a difference , and the list goes on.

Ill continue it here
A driver's school, 4 1/2 track days at $200 a day, 18 autox days at $50 a day, round trip airfare to Europe, if youre Bill Caswell you can buy 1 4/5 of a WRC rally car...and the list keeps going still albeit in a slightly silly fashion

So you understand why I dont want to spend that much cash on a lip? When I can have any one of the listed things that will actually do things for me instead of pissing me off the first time I back down a driveway???

^those are things that id much rather spend my hard earned $1000 on personally
ah ok, got your point then... just hearing I'd rather spend $900 on iCarbon sounds foolish... your explanation makes sense though, good point.
Appreciate 0