View Single Post
      09-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #173
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

You are missing my point entirely. If it isnt the as for sale piece that I could buy tomorrow if I wanted to it is a per-production piece.

Therefore I cant trust its quality. Have you heard of the rumors that car makers give journalists tweaked pre-produciton cars to test?

Anybody can lie. Its how Ferrari keeps being considered fuel efficient. The point being this piece may be nicer because it wouldve been worked on for longer or made with extra care because its the first one shown with quality dimming due to higher demands. Or the finished product could be better.
You proved that point yourself!

The point being im not trusting that much money into it. And the first pieces to actually be inspected wont be until the group buy is taken and the intial run is delivered. So yes. Id be investing my cash sight unseen of a product that costs 7-900 dollars.

Again! I am comparing things that I can have for the same price as this lip that are actually functional. Its a list of things id rather put my $900 and i think ive pretty well explained my rational.

And you said it yourself. You said that the price of $900 was good on the last page because iCarbon products were $900 and they were of superior quality. Thats a classic sales line that just doesnt fly with me. The rational of that statement is that the price is ok because this guy sold theirs at it and our product is better, so ha!

:edit: here is is quoted for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I would agree with you if this was made in China but it isn't.

SleK is comparable to Arkym on the E9x side. Where everything is made in America, 0 fitment issues, best quality CF we have available other than BMW OEM.

Arkym's front lip is 850$ for the E9x market which is a way bigger market and they have much more sales. If our market was just as big then this could be a bit lower of a price but it isn't.

This quality is superior to iCarbon which was still priced in this price range and sold tons of units, it is comparable to 3D Design because that is one of the only manufacturers for our cars that doesn't have their CF made in China and price reflects it.
:end edit:
It just makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Yes but you are comparing different aftermarket parts that have different circumstances. Someone may not want to mess with suspension due to the car being a lease or not wanting to purchase a whole different front end because it is alot more work. If your examples were of a similar market and product then I could see some kind of relation but I don't.

You're missing the point. Any company can say they are from the country they are based off of but where they manufacture the product is the most important part. Manufacturing the product = quality control, materials, skilled labor which are the most important parts of getting a good product.

Why do you think there is no official group buy thread and SleK isn't taking anyone's money? I posted this earlier so if you would have read the thread then you would have seen it. The lip has been sent out to the molding process and once the mold comes back then I will receive a call to drive down and have them test fit the first production lip. Which will also have pictures posted and etc. Once again I will repeat it: SLEK IS NOT TAKING ANYONE'S MONEY UNTIL FITMENT IS CONFIRMED.

P.S. I actually like this healthy discussion because it keeps everything in the air and people don't realize what it takes to manufacture quality stuff.

Last edited by BrokenVert; 09-29-2011 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0