09-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #175
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
You are missing my point entirely. If it isnt the as for sale piece that I could buy tomorrow if I wanted to it is a per-production piece.

Therefore I cant trust its quality. Have you heard of the rumors that car makers give journalists tweaked pre-produciton cars to test?

Anybody can lie. Its how Ferrari keeps being considered fuel efficient. The point being this piece may be nicer because it wouldve been worked on for longer or made with extra care because its the first one shown with quality dimming due to higher demands. Or the finished product could be better.
You proved that point yourself!

The point being im not trusting that much money into it. And the first pieces to actually be inspected wont be until the group buy is taken and the intial run is delivered. So yes. Id be investing my cash sight unseen of a product that costs 7-900 dollars.

Again! I am comparing things that I can have for the same price as this lip that are actually functional. Its a list of things id rather put my $900 and i think ive pretty well explained my rational.
I understand, I had the same list of priorities when I started modding my car as well. I wanted the most bang for the buck which was easily a tune and a downpipe which is what i did. After that you keep going down the list on what you want to achieve and the cost associated with it. For me I am at the point where I want to make my car's exterior look better. So I went with rims first. Of course I wanted to get Apex because they are the most functional rims for our cars but in my own personal opinion, they look like crap due to our extremely high offsets. So then I had to compromise and went with the Alufelgen's which atleast look good and let me fit a 265 tire in the rear for function. Now I want carbon fiber for the car but after having both a Scopione and iCarbon diffuser I realized you can't get amazing quality for a cheap price. I do not want my front lip / hood / trunk to have any kind of fitment issues or to start yellowing and dulling after 6months.

Well, I do not know the specifics of the group buy since I am not a vendor or associated with SleK so I am just going to assume the following: Since it takes them 1 whole day to make 1 lip, it is going to be on a first come first serve basis. So unless you are top 3 on the list you will not be giving your money and receiving a product that no one else has seen except myself and SleK. So you can sit on the side line and wait until the first few people receive their lips since they won't all be shipped out at the same time and will be a first come first serve basis and make your judgements then.

But honestly if HP Autowerks / Harold is supporting SleK and putting his reputation on the line for them then you know it is a quality product. Harold is one of the few vendors in our community that provides exceptional customer service and knowledge.

This isn't SleK's first rodeo, they created this brand to cater to the BMW crowd. If you really want specific history and links to other products I am sure SleK would be more than happy to provide it. Or next time I am visiting I can just take a picture of the 150k Porsche Panamera Turbo that they have sitting in the facility having its hood and etc cut up to have a kit created for it. If someone is trusting a company with 150k+ prototype vehicles then you know it is the real deal.
Appreciate 0