09-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #22
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Good job! I just did the rears recently. The rear dust boots were all cracked and the stock pistons were pretty stuck in their bores.

I checked the high temperature dust boots in the front calipers after a few track events, and unfortunately, a couple of them have started to crack I don't have brake ducting installed like you though.
That is disappointing. I read somewhere that most of the race teams do not bother with dust boots at all - most if not all of the boots all eventually melt and disintegrate due to heat. This means more frequent maintenance and potentially rebuilds if you visit the track often enough.

Perhaps regular rebuilds can be avoided with careful preventive clean ups, and lubrication of the top of the pistons with high temp synthetic grease (portion above seal).
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 09-29-2015 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0