View Single Post
      09-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #49
Stay a while and listen...
Rep
Drives: vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Now you are just making up crap. Let me get this straight, you are worried about blowing up a car because ethanol is CONDUCTIVE? So it's more conductive than gas. So what? Are you claiming that there are a bunch of E85 FlexFuel vehicles spontaneously blowing up? Where are all the Ethanol refineries bursting into flames?
Lol re-read my post i am talking about non flexfuel cars. ie: 335i

Quote:
And who is having problems with E15 blend? E15 isn't sold anywhere in the world that I know of. Brazil is the only country selling anything other than E10 and E85. They have E22 and E24, not E15, and they are reporting a remarkable LACK of problems. No one is reporting cars blowing up in Brazil.
Just because it doesn't come out of a pump doesn't mean you can't make E15. That is kinda what this thread is about isn't it? People will do anything to save a little money and sometimes they attempt it without doing the proper ammount of research.

The blowing up point that i made was refering to the HPFP. I havn't seen a scematic nor have i taken one apart so i don't know if the fuel could be exposed to current like it can for in-tank pumps.

Do you know some reasons why US limited the ethanol precentage in their gas? Ethanol is very caustic and tends to eat up rubber, lines, injectors, fuel pumps, etc. Unless your car is designed for ethanol and/or has viton seals/teflon lines, etc. I would not continually use it in any greater concentrations than 10%.
Quote:
And where in the hell exactly do you think he would find iso-octane in Ecuador? Pull up to his local gas refinery and have them top up his tank? Give me a break.
He is obviouslly not dealing with ideal conditions. All due respect, we do not live in Ecuador, so we do not know what he is able to get. The reason i failed to mention it untill now was because i realized its probability.
Quote:
go bother someone on some other board about 0-60 foot times. I'm not going to play that game here on this board.
Heh.. If i am bothering you that much then i suggest you put me on your ignore list because I am not going anywhere.

The 'game' i am playing is the information one. I am giving the asked information as unbiased as possible. I have no other motive besides that and I am not imposing a desired effect because it is something I do.

Out of respect of the OP If you wish to further this discussion i suggest you PM me.
Appreciate 0