08-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #94
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
I just got the car back about a week ago, which is absurd!

Issue was pure sent me a rear turbo for a 335 not a 1m/135. Little things like outlet piping and cooling lines are a bit different so I'm telling my mechanic direct bolt on and he kept saying well the coolant line doesn't line up? Had him talk to pure and they said "oh yea we don't sell that but you can get a longer line from this shop" instead of saying "oh shit, we sent you a 335 unit". I eventually got fed up with my mechanics requests to buy more little parts, and called pure where Charles instantly caught on to them having sent 335 turbos. From there it was fast to complete the install.

I also installed a fuel it stage 2 lpfp at the same time(and 2"inlet piping) and a bunch of other little stuff, I can tell these turbos have much higher flow but my fuel system is failing at higher boost levels according to logs but I think just a faulty low pressure fuel sensor so replacing that this week and hopefully get to see the full potential.

So far my impressions are that the turbos hold boost to redline which feels much stronger than stick with them trailing off as you get above 5500, and it's not bad but the turbo lag is certainly more noticeable below 4000 rpm's so for general all around driving I think bmw had the right turbo wheels but for those tracking these should be much better since you live between 4000-7000rpms. I can't wait to get them running right very soon!

Hi Spencer!

great to hear that your car is finally running! are you on Meth btw? i can take a look at your logs if you're on jb4.
Appreciate 0