View Single Post
      03-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Thumbs up UUC magnetic oil drain plug...

Hi Guys,

I am reposting these photos bc I think some of you might have missed this post. I really think this UUC magnetic drain plug is a worthwhile mod. Just look at what it picked up in a few thousand miles of AUtobahn driving!

Here is a link to the original post. You will have to scroll thru till the end. But bellow are all teh important photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP 135i View Post
Love to see a pic of the drain plug after it's first service. Interested in how much it actually collects.
Sure thing, will do!
Here is what the UUC magnetic drain plug looks like. The magnet they use is really strong. I was thinking it would be like a magnetic screw driver strength... but its realy quite stronger than a screw driver!

Ok... as promissed... here is what I found on the end of my UUC oil drain plug. This is after about 7K kms of use. What I found was really just a fine metalic dust. Actually I was expecting more ferret metal particles - from my VW days. I think this just proves that frequent OCI has gotten rid of alot of metal particles from my engine. This was my fifth oil change in 24K miles(total).

here is what I found....

UUC oil drain plug untouched - just removed from oil pan...

a closer look - untouched...

the silver stuff on the paper towel is the metal collected on the end of the magnetic drain plug.

all cleaned up!

Dackel

UPDATE...

See my post #43... While the UUC plug is ok, the Dimple Plugs are MUCH stronger and better made for the long haul.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=43

Dimple BMW plugs...
http://magneticdrainplugs.co/bmwautomobiles.php

I really LOVE my Dimple magnetic oil drain plugs!

Last edited by Dackelone; 03-02-2011 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 1