View Single Post
      06-21-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
Tenspeed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i E88 DCT

Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating

I am just sharing my experience with a new wax type product that is getting a lot of advertising on all the car shows I watch.

I recently put the new Mothers CMX SiO2/TiO2 Ceramic coating on all of my vehicles (after trying it first on my DD) and this is amazing stuff. I have been using Meguires products for many years with great success, but the CMX gives great depth to the color and makes water run off better than anything I have ever used in my 40 years of car ownership and care.

Dirt doesn't appear to stick to this stuff and now the clock is running to see if it will give the long life (2+ years) that is advertised.

My wife just drove home from her parents through rain yesterday and the sides of her vehicle looked like they had just been washed where normally you would see dirt residue. The rain seems to wash the dirt off.

For prep I used my Mothers Clay Bar 2.0 first (I don't work for Mothers, I just like the 2.0 better than real clay) to clean the debris and wax from the paint and then washed and waxed one panel at a time until I was done. I did the panel at a time process because I wash outside and didn't want anything to land on the paint before I applied the product.

The CMX goes on easily with just 2 microfiber cloths (one to apply, one to wipe any residue off). It took no time to do my 135i as small as it is and the depth of the shine is incredible. When the car is dusty (I work next to a large construction project) you can take water and just rinse body panels and the dust is just gone.

I hope someone finds my experience useful.
Appreciate 1