View Single Post
      10-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Well, I did the M3 front ARB last weekend, and it was a piece of cake, so I feel much better about tackling this. I know it's going to be more difficult and more complicated, but it's become a bit more demystified at least.

Unfortunately, I can't really find any one solid DIY for this. There's more stuff on the E90 boards, but it's basically exactly the same, right? It just seems like different people do things slightly differently and I'm having a hard time determining what's superfluous or not...

For example, I saw one video where a guy undid the bottom of the front struts from the clamshells FIRST, so that when he unbolted the struts from the towers they just dropped right out. Seems way easier than trying to swing the strut out with such limited clearance in the wheel wells. Any thoughts on this? This same guy made the rears look way easy as well. (link: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=180341)

Anyway, right now I'm just waiting on camber plates and rear shock mounts from Dinan. Ordered them a week ago and I don't think they've even shipped yet...
Appreciate 0