View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Conversion

So my car was brought to my dealership for the second time in the first 2 months of having it after they did a horrible buff job on my hood. This time I made sure to get a BMW loaner instead of the Ford Focus they gave me last time! The 2013 328i that I had for 5 days was extremely smooth and compliant. My girlfriend loved driving it because "it's so quiet" and the color was "pretty." However, it is no 135i to say the least. The feature in which the engine shuts off when you stop gets annoying, so I turned it off most of the time. Sadly, I felt like I was in my mother's old Camry most of the time.

Loaner

New Wheels: Eurotek LM's

Specs: 18x8.5 front with 225/40/18, 18x9.5 rear with 255/35/18
Tires: Hankook Ventus Evo 12

Although the wheels are wider than stockers, I saved approx 6 lbs/corner with the upgrade. I haven't driven the car more than a few miles so far, but the tires are much stickier when I step on it and the ride isnt as jarring as it was with the RFT's. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the performance and look. The reason I went with 18's instead of 19's was because of price and performance, which are the same reasons I bought my 135i in the first place. After a drop with either springs or coilovers, I believe the 18's will look amazing. Without further adieu, here are the pics!

Sitting in my garaged unloved

The mallet was for loosening the stock wheels that were stuck on the hub due to rust... that was fun...

Last edited by greensto; 02-06-2013 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0