United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Arrow More 1M details confirmed: Limited Production Run - 3 Exterior Colors - MT Only

Reported on 1ADDICTS HOMEPAGE.

SUMMARY:
  • Limited Production Run of 2,700 units worldwide
  • Three colors: Alpine White - Jet Black - Valencia Orange Metallic
  • Manual transmission only

Reposted from M3Post

Well everyone I arrived late last night. All I can say is that I got a taste a BMW heaven. It was beyond words! BMW M were unbelievable hosts who spared no expense or effort to make this truly the event of a lifetime. From the grand dinners, to the thoughtful details to make it feel personalized for each participant, I will never forget the Power of M Award 2010.

Because the highlight of the event was in BMWs equivalent of Area 51 in Miramas, there were no pics I was able to take. However they were thoughtful enough to provide cameras for use during the highlight of the event. My head is still spinning that I experienced what I did! The memory cards are being screened and we will receive the pics in a couple weeks.

I will provide a complete report once I am re-adjusted to EST. I will however answer a couple questions (which are subject to change):

1M: This will be a very limited production run. BMW will produce 2,700 units worldwide. The US will receive the largest allocation (no exact number was provided). It will be available in three colors. Alpine White, Jet Black and Valencia Orange. It will come in a manual only.

I did see it in person in Valencia Orange. The interior was impossible to see because the windows were blacked out. There were quad-exhaust tips, CSL-style wheels like the ones shown at Oktoberfest, the bumper receives an integrated spoiler a-la M3 CSL, and the now famous side gills like the M3 were on the 1M.

M3: I was not able to get a confirmation from M about the engine but, my gut tells me based on the conversation that the M3 will receive a turbo-6. This is the lighter solution we were looking for. Remember the current V8 is lighter than the S54. BMW M are very aware of the desires of the enthusiast community. The USA is the largest market and is receiving careful consideration in the development of new products. We will not be disappointed.

Please look for a detailed account next week. I do have many customers to get back to so please bear with me. Thanks again for all of the support.

Best regards,