!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
HOLY SNAPPIN' DUCKSHIT!!!

I cannot believe what a difference this upgrade makes... Now I wonder if I actually need the rest of the upgrades (Rear speakers and JL 10" Sub). That's not gonna stop me doing it of course...

It sounds AMAZING. Heaps of bottom end. Midrange is MUCH fuller and the top end is crystal clear.

It also raises the soundstage up to eye level - where it should be.

Oh... and it's WAY louder

VERY VERY VERY Happy. Everyone should do this upgrade.

- Harlequin
Great you finally got it done. Glad you like it. Your comments echo pretty much how I feel, too.

The amp alone provides literally an exponential increase in power. At least by a factor of 10, if not greater.

And just having the tweeters at all raises the soundstage as you said, which is much more pleasant of course. It's just much fuller as well.

I did a fair amount of driving this weekend (6+ hours each way) and got the chance to listen to a lot of different music - the clarity and brilliance of this arrangement is what strikes me the most. And it gets better with increased volume, as I find it takes a bit of power to really bring the subs to life.

Just curious what EQ settings you're using? I'm still toying with it myself, but right now I'm on Bass +8 and Treble +4.
Appreciate 0