View Single Post
      02-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #22276
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

In Tampa this past weekend we had what we call Gasparilla. It's a party holiday similar to Mardi Gras. There is a kids parade, a day parade, a night parade, a boat parade, a half marathon, 5k, etc.... People exchange beads for boobs and dress up in costumes to run in the races.... Pic of boat parade.

This past weekend was the night parade and at some point in the weekend someone, presumably drunk, launched themselves and their car over the septic drain field mound in front of my building. They somehow lost control crossed the sidewalk while looking like they broke the bead on their left front tire and went up the mound (about 3' high) at an angle. They got themselves air born for a short distance and landed on the opposite side of the mound where it appears they broke the bead on both right side tires as their wheels left 1/2" deep gouges in the asphalt as they missed driving into my office by about 8'. The proceeded to make the skidding arch and ended up going over two parking bumps and through a few bushes, narrowly missing a telephone pole and ending up back out on the street.

Close call for me, but i'm assuming that person's got a nasty smell in their car. Though someone having the cognitive decision making skills to make the necessary steering corrections to miss the building makes me think there is a slight possibility that maneuver started with "watch this!". lol

Point of approach...

Table top area showing no tire marks (airborne)

Landing area...

Looking back...

Dismount area...

You can see the nice large arch from where i'm standing to the exit point over by the roll of carpet.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 02-01-2016 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 2