View Single Post
      11-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

Yeah, I used a hack saw! Started the cut with a dermal tool, which burned through two cutter wheels in a few mintues. I have done a few exhausts on older BMWs, all this way. A jig saw might cut the pipe, with the correct blade, for cutting metal. You would have to remove the entire pipe and muffler from the car though, which I did not do.

As for black chrome tips, I like the stainless, they look great. Na friend just grabbed my Matt silver ones off the stock exhaust and stuck them on his 328 touring. They great on there.

I was actually expecting a DIY for this, but did not see one, so I figured why not write it. We can always edit if there are some extra steps needed. I was glad there was no y pipe to worry about. In fact, when I opened the box, I thought something was missing! The muffler is not nearly as big as the box.

So far, so good. Doing a couple hundred miles Saturday morning up to PA, son we'll see how a few hours ride with the exhaust works out.

UPDATE: The exhaust note is smoothing out with mileage and time, and getting quite nice. At idle and low rpm, it sounds very stock, just a little deeper. Rev the engine, or go through a tunnel or under a viaduct and you get this cool roar, mainly heard when the roof is down. So far, pretty happy with this!

Last edited by MikeinAlexandria; 11-09-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0