04-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #49
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
It is in Tunehouses interest for customers to think that. I can assure you that their claim goes totally against the accepted norm for dynapack dynos vs DD dynos. Go to the MRT Performance web site and they use a hub dyno and state that it reads higher. Typically standard WRXs read about 50kW less than factory claimed flywheel power on a DD. On the MRT dynapack they read about 20kW less. It stands to reason also.... it takes alot of power to spin up those heavy wheels, and dynapack does not If I had the time I would dig up some graphs for various cars tested on both. All read alot more than 4% higher on dynapack.... but whatever makes you sleep better....

Fact remains you are not comparing apples with apples. Hub dynos read differently... this is well known on Automotive forums all over the world. Even many roller dynos read different, but within the same brand of dyno you should get some consistency atleast, and in Australia, the defacto standard is dynodynamics.

Bring your car to Advan for a run Zuzu, and then we have your apple to compare with the other apples.
Adrian.. I am not disputing your wealth of knowledge when it come to tuning and dyno's..

I have already agreed with Kenny to meet for the Advan dyno day when he makes a booking if I am available.

I am just informing you on what information has been relayed to me from Tune house..

["Whatever makes you sleep better"].. Come on mate.. I am not a tosser who talks out of school for my own gratification or self worth..

Chill out..

Joe

Last edited by Zuzu; 04-27-2011 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0