03-03-2016, 11:02 PM   #69
Fuji
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop
Just installed 3 of them tonight. One on mine, one on a 1M and one on an N55. Installation a cinch. Takes about 5-10 minutes. Just remove the 2 torx socket screws on the thermostat cover plate, 1 10mm torx screw on the thermostat plate and 2 screws on the engine cover so you can push it out of the way. Pull out the old thermostat (brass valve and then spring) and install the new thermostat. The new thermostat comes preassembled and is installed as is, however the aluminum valve goes in first, followed by the spring.

I haven't driven mine yet, but the 1M owner has told me that the car sits at around 95 during normal driving and about 105-110 during hard driving. This is opposed to 110 during normal driving and 120 during hard driving with the stock thermostat. Keep in mind that these temperatures are at night with cooler ambient temps and no traffic. They'll likely be slightly higher during normal driving if it's a hotter ambient temperature or if sitting in traffic.
Sounds sweeeet