02-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #14
Mit_Boost
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen View Post
Not much as I recall. The 455 flows a bit better, but they are still cheaper pumps. I dont think you can flow enough for 100% e85 with the 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
What 455? The highest output pump Walbro makes is 255lph, the GS342, and its probably only good to 450-500hp to the crank on pump gas for normal port injection, single-pump engines.
It's the Walbro 450 LPH - E85 Compatible Fuel Pump. I am running the BMS In-Bucket LPFP Walrbo Upgrade with the 450 LPH and am tuned for straight E85, no problems with fuel trims or fuel pressure drops (been over a year now). The biggest thing with this install is making sure that the fuel lines are securely connected without any kinks in the lines that could potentially restrict flow.

The Walbro Inline is just another LPFP upgrade option that piggybacks it with the OEM LPFP (which technically isn't approved for high ethanol concentration use).

The best price I've found for a Fuel Pump + Install Kit is $205; Usually the Pump goes for $195 and an Install Kit for $10-15. If you buy from an authorized Walbro vendor, it comes with a warranty (forget the length), but it's already saved me once because my LPFP died and Walbro warrantied it'd right out.

For anyone interested, I am selling a BRAND NEW backup pump for $175 + Shipping (In the US, I can send it USPS Flat Rate Box). You'll save ~$20 (plus tax + shipping), which you can put towards an install kit. No low balling, I can sit on the pump or sell it to my local speed shop at retail value.

Results >
Appreciate 0