02-27-2016, 10:55 AM   #169
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I love the NO NAV part, manual seats, no motorized mirrors. To me that means I am making the effort to make it as light and focused as possible. I also think the cockpit stands out as classical, clean and beautiful compared to what you see these days. So for me it has high value. If it doesn't have high value, then the M2 with warranty is a no brainer. It looks fantastic and having a warranty during the payment period is awesome especially if you do Euro delivery. I agonized on dropping the M2 but once I saw the cockpit in my current 1M, I knew it was for me.

Also, if you plan to daily drive, the M2 is better. It is stressful when you have a special car like the 1M that is rare, low parts volume and irreplaceable. While the M2 is very special, I wouldn't be as stressed out with it as I am with the 1M so I have my old 330i ZHP as my daily and the 1M for weekends. I hope that helps: Here are some cockpit pics so you can make up your own mind. I know most find the cluttered, busy modern cockpit better or more luxurious. I find it tacky unfocused and just like any other car offered today.
Thanks for the input, nachob. And I agree - the 1M dash sans Nav looks so much cleaner than the M2. Your pic looks very familiar to me, as it is the same view I have in my 135is.
Appreciate 0