First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M - A1 quattro - S3

UPDATE: 1M build thread & formal intro

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Update March 30, 2015:

In true Rob Dickinson fashion, I modified my 1M to fit my imagination of what the baby M should be. I suspect that most of you are already familiar with it, but who doesn't like an M car picture thread...?

These are the last 5 pictures that will be taken of this 1M whilst being under my ownership. It is currently for sale in another thread, where a full build list can be found for those interested.

Enjoy

Photos by AK Photography

And here are two interior shots from a previous shoot:

Original post:

hello everyone

ive been cruising around on this forum for some time now and never really formally introduced myself, so here it goes:

ive always been an audi kinda guy and never really liked the bmw brand. however, the more i took driving seriously and pushed myself to the limits with the car, the more i realised that audis are just not real performance cars. they handle extremely safe in wet/snowy conditions, but it is exactly that, which also hinders them from being great on the track.
i therefore decided to sell my audi rs3 and bought my first bmw - the 1M.
from the first time i drove around in it i knew that it was a keeper. still today i smile every time i see it, sit in it and push that magical little button next to the steering wheel.
it is by far the best performance car i ever owned.

so now lets get to the more interesting part - the mods

so far the car still 'looks' pretty stock. however the engine has a tune on it and now produces around 420 bhp. im also running a bigger intercooler, an akra evo system with DP and the performance short shift kit to round off the package. the interior is stock apart from the performance buckets...

seeing that its still winter around here, i decided to get my car out of hibernation to get it ready for the meets and drives coming up in the next couple of months.
the build should be completed by the end of march - depending on how long it takes for some of the parts to arrive.

until then, the car is about to get a new dress. i like the white, but i wanted something different so its currently being painted. ill post more pics of the paint job by the end of next week

p.s. sorry that you cant really see the akra.. i didnt have time to take new pics before sending it of to the paint shop. but stay tuned and more pics (with the akra) will follow...

Last edited by ace11; 09-01-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 3