View Single Post
      06-20-2017, 02:33 AM   #27
jafo1701
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
Oil temp. was not too high surprisingly. Around 270-280. I think heat on helps for sure.
I did think about the radiator... Not sure I want to spend too much on this car at this point. I do have e92 m3 too.
I could try to detune it and see what happens, but stock power is too slow for me...
I have the BMW PPK tune. If I had to do it over again I would of got the extra radiator. It's still a slight bump in power which helps and it's not such an aggressive tune to cause over heating issues. I find that I can outpace any stock E90/92 M3 with my 135i. The tracks I run don't have long enough straights where the M3s can wind up and use it's power advantage. I'm pretty good in the corners and have a good feel for the capabilities of my car. The torque out of the corners gives me the advantage, unless I completely fubar the entry. By the time we reach triple digits where the M3s starts to take the advantage it's already time to brake into a corner. Of course all this is dependent on driver skill also, but I've yet to have a stock E90/92 M3 that can best me. Still an E90/92 M3 is a very capable track car and in stock form destroys a stock 135i I would think.
Appreciate 1