View Single Post
      08-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
mm yes I understand that, but that's not what I meant. The SYSTEM turned on by itself, four times. From no ventilation no nothing, to full on. four times; for no apparent reason. I drove back home from work and it didn't happen.

maybe a one-off glitch? I also noticed that i kept forgetting that I listen to my ipod on random, usualy it remembers if it hasn't been off for a while.. but it kept doing it this morning when it was doing the ac thing...
Ok, but, you do say you have the system set to "auto", so you must also have a temp setting, right?

The only way the HVAC system could be "off" is if you turn it off, meaning NO light, NO temp setting, NO "auto" lit, nothing, not lights of any kind.
You can do that by holding the fan speed control on "decrease" until the HVAC system shuts OFF completely. In that mode it won't turn anything on, or shouldn't.

But, if you can see "auto" and you can see a temp setting, then the system will turn on whenever it senses that the cabin temp is not at the temp selected.

Also, the AC compressor will still work even when there is heat coming from the system. This is done to dehumidify the air to prevent fogging on the windows.

I'm not clear with your description, so if what I just wrote is something you already know, then just ignore it.
Appreciate 0