03-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
dlopez
Registered
Rep
Drives: e46 330iS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
they put so little research in the "damn thing"
YES! Totally agree, they took parts from their warehouse. Its in a way a test mule for the next gen M3 and a gauge for the enthusiasts about a forced induction M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post

Owning a M after warranty...you're asking for expenses.

But from these values on the 1M, it seems more advantageous to buy it rather than lease it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
See this troubles me when people say owning a M is asking for expenses. One would think M cars because they are built for track, ideally, should last longer than regular BMWs.
Yes, owning an M after warranty is expensive, they are like trophy wives and require more attention to detail. Yes, they are built for the track.

Nonetheless, BMW wants this car to be the next e30 M3 or the e46 M3 CSL. They want to sell the most they can in a short period of time. That's why there so much hype about it, they want it to make it a classic from the start.

When the e30 M3 came out it was a test mule too, a car for the road that would rival in the track or the slogan they used for the e9x, "racecar for the streets' or something along those lines. Even if the current cars are not race spec from the factory like 25 years ago, they still have race technology in them. A tracked or not a racecar is expensive to maintain in tip top condition and a commitment. Period.

This car is for the enthusiasts no like the any other 135i its special in its own way. The CSL was a test mule and a gauge too for the e92's carbon fiber roof. The 1M and its engine is the test mule for the next inline-6 in the M3.

The 1M is not for fanatics of one thing today, and another the next day. It is for those that will keep it for a long time. People that are enthusiast at heart, not those who would lease and trash the car, then its put in the market for someone else to trash. That why the car's value gets depreciated, because it was trashed from one owner to the next.

I have an e30 M3 and an e46 since brand new. I keep them because they are special to me, they are not just a car. They are mean machines that are a joy to drive.

PS. I have my flame suit on.
Appreciate 0